Hetalia: Axis Powers - Taiwan

Popular Post

Posted by : AnnieAKiwi Saturday, November 15, 2014

On Thursday, I began to teach Social Studies in the morning. The first thing I did was tell them to come to the carpet. One of my mistakes was I did not instruct them to clean up first and then come to the carpet. All the students came to the carpet quietly and sat down. The first thing I did was pull out a bag with two items that I brought from my house. The bag contained items that tell something about me. I asked for one volunteer to come up and pull out one of the items. I asked the class what the object might tell them about me. The first item was a stuffed panda, which indicated that I like pandas. One of the students mentioned this and I nodded. Then I explained to them that objects can tell us a lot about history. I asked the class what history means to them and one them told me that it was “something that happened a long time ago.” I told them that history is the story of people and events from other times and places.

Photo credit to Wikipedia.

            The next thing I did was introduced them to six different vocabularies, which were history, fact, holiday, culture, character, and fiction. I held a flash card up with the word history on it. I asked them to tell me what they thought each vocabulary was and then I provided the definition. When I came to the word holiday, I asked them what holidays we celebrate this month. They were only able to tell me Thanksgiving because my CT has been telling them about it. After I completed the mini lesson, I proceeded to read Junie B. Jones to them. I began to read chapter one using expressive reading. I read in different voices so the children would enjoy the book more. I read the boy’s voice in a deeper tone and they seem to have enjoyed it. They were disappointed when I finished chapter one.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Ana's Blog - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -