Hetalia: Axis Powers - Taiwan

Popular Post

Posted by : AnnieAKiwi Thursday, January 15, 2015

This week I began teaching Social Studies again. I created my own gallery walk that I took from my Social Studies course. I printed out three images of events that occurred while Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was still alive. Before I began the lesson, I taped two of the images in the back of the room and set up sticky notes. I did not state the purpose at the beginning of the lesson. I displayed the picture I was going to model on the ELMO. Then I asked them what they saw in the picture. I picked on a few of the students and made a caption according to their answers. I gave out instructions and called out two tables at a time to walk over the back. Once everyone was at the back of the room, I gave them an opportunity to choose which picture they wanted to see.

Photo credit to Wikipedia.


After, they finished choosing, I instructed them to get a stinky note from the board and head back to their desks. Almost all the students were starting their captions with “I see.” So, I had to refresh their memories on what captions were and how it started. I walked around the room and picked two students to share their captions with the class. I used these two students as examples on how the captions should look like. Then, I had them all come up and stick their sticky notes under the picture they chose. By the end of the lesson, I realized that the students did not really get anything out of the first day of the gallery walk. The gallery walk will be for two days.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Ana's Blog - Date A Live - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -